What is Openpay?
Openpay is a buy now, pay later service with a difference. With longer terms across a variety of industries, Openpay allows you to pay overtime for the things you need and want.
How are payments made?
Payments are taken automatically as scheduled from your nominated credit or debit Visa or Mastercard. You can also make a payment early through the Openpay app.
What is required to use Openpay?
To sign up with Openpay you must:
- Be 18 years or older
- Provide valid Australian ID (or New Zealand ID if a resident there)
- Provide a valid email address and two contact phone numbers
- Provide a valid Visa or MasterCard, both credit or debit cards are acceptable.
Are there late fees?
If payments have not been made by their scheduled date, late fees will apply. Openpay sends out welcome emails on all purchases and payment reminder notices. Late fees are detailed in advance in this email correspondence. We understand that there are times when making a payment is just all too hard. Please contact Openpay before the payment due date to reschedule and avoid late fees.
Is Openpay a credit card?
No. Openpay makes buy now, pay later, payment plans available. You do not need to hold and manage another credit or store card. You do however need an existing Visa or Mastercard to use Openpay.
Are there any customer interest or customer fees associated with Openpay?
Openpay does not charge any interest. Depending on the plan type selected and the participating merchant in which you are shopping at, there may be no fees at all. In some instances, a small plan management fee will be applicable to each repayment. This fee varies depending on the merchant in which the purchase is being made. In the case of higher value purchases an establishment fee may apply. This will be payable by approved applicants only in line with the initial payment. Once again, all costs will be disclosed before you commit to your purchase.
How humm works
Humm is fast and easy to use. To start humm-ing, simply click here or download the app and follow the steps. Once you’ve done that you’ll be able to see your account info and take the first steps on your interest-free forever.
What is humm
- Can apply for up to $2,000
- Repay in 5 or 10 instalments weekly or fortnightly
- Repay and free up your balance to spend again
- Get pre-approval up to $10,000
- Apply in-store for up to $30,000 depending on what you buy and where you shop
- Repay over 6, 12, 24 months all the way up to 60 months
Can anyone apply for humm?
Yes, but you need to…
- Be 18 years or older
- Be a permanent resident of Australia.
- Have a permanent job (at least 25 hours a week) or be on aged/veteran’s pension.
- Be sure you’re not insolvent (or declared bankrupt).
Does humm use credit checks?
Let’s be clear and set your mind at ease on this one. Your credit score may be checked when you sign up to humm. But don’t worry, this won’t affect your credit score or leave a record on your credit file.
How it all breaks down.
| Little Things|
| Big Things|
Time to pay
5 x fortnight
10 x fortnight
6 - 60 months
Repeat purchase fee
Late payment fee